How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1067
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently robbed from a so called friend handyman that

Customer Question

I was recently robbed from a so called friend handyman that was working in my house and when we were at my storage facility.. He stole my gem collection worth 270,000 plus additonal 7500 owrth of goods. I made police report in Miami for smaller goods but have to go to Pompano about the jewelry will do that tomorrow. I want to file lawsuit now and put a lien on his property. He was the only one at facilty with me and i saw my gem collection. Its no doubt he took the gems. Can i file a lawsuite now and lien now while the police are working on the case. I don't want him to cover himself and take property out of this name and if police dont recover my jewerly i will have no recourse.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a report and i have to finish putting up description online for miami police dept. Once that is complete i will get a report number and in a awek the det. will call m. I called pompano they are expecting me tomorrow and will take my report and should have a case number *****
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 3 months ago.
I would suggest waiting for the criminal complaint to be filed then go civil. We're the items insured? I would contact the insurance company ASAP.