Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

My brother, who was living with me, passed away in March. He

Customer Question

My brother, who was living with me, passed away in March. He did not leave a will. The only property he owned was a vehicle. this has both his name and mine on all auto insurance papers. However, only his name is ***** ***** title. How can I go about having my name placed on the title so I can continue to operate it legally??? His children have no desire to get involved, the youngest is still a minor so I don't think he would come into the picture. I live on a very, very limited income so I cannot afford to hire any representation on a paying venue. would it be possible to speak to someone who could help me out, please. I am getting extremely aggravated with the whole situation but as it stands I cannot legally sell it or anything else at this time. the tags and registration renewals will be coming up shortly so you can imagine my panic. thank you for your time and consideration. mary e. burke [*****@******.*** - if needed.]
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Kentucky. the truck is a 2017, I believe. I could pull the paperwork on it if you need it.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No ma'am. I do have a notorized copy of his death certificate.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm not really sure, to be honest. i am looking to get this mess fixed before anything else.
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 3 months ago.
Usually if you go to AAA and explain the situation they usually allow you to change title.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Really? i would never have thought of that. i thought they only dealt with repair and maintenance issues.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how long does it usually take to get a phone call? i was just wondering.
i am not trying to sound snotty or anything. i was just wondering.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
also it is a 2015. to clarify.