My life insurance company canceled me although my premiums…

My life insurance company canceled...
My life insurance company canceled me although my premiums were paid up to date. They claim I did not answer a survey they said they sent, yet I never saw. Now they want nearly a 4th as mush as the policy is worth to reinstate.
7/6/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. If your premiums are paid up and there was no other reason for your insurance policy to be canceled, the insurance company has a legal obligation to continue to cover you. Otherwise, they will owe you for damages for breach There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If you send this to them and nothing happens, then you should file a lawsuit in your local court stating that you are being overcharged unfairly and without your consent.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Following up now. Thank you for your quick response.

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer