Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In my motion for discovery including subpoenas and letter of

rogatory , do I need...
In my motion for discovery including subpoenas and letter of rogatory , do I need to attach a copy of the subpoenas and LOR as exhibits to be filed with my motion? Or can I just request it. Then if the Judge grants my motion do them at that time? In researching to finish my motion , most of the case documents have the subpoenas and LOR attached as exhibits to motion.
7/5/2017
Michael Bradley

I would attach them. Judges like to see motions that are thorough so that they have a full picture.

I would have them done so the Judge can see your procedure through out the process.

One more question please. We have a trial date for 11/17. In previous orders the Judge said in any future orders we must state eh wether our motion will interfere with scheduled trial date. I am the plaintiff. I did not anticipate that it would intergere. Since there was previous discovery. But I believe the defendants will file a motions in objection to my discovery which probably will affect the trial date . My question is how can I word it. I don't want to make the Judge angry with me. But he also stated he would dismiss any motion that didn't address the interference with the scheduled trial date. I was going to word it like. Plaintiff does not anticipate discovery request to interfere with trial date. But if defendants oppose or cause delay it is possible that trial date would need to be moved.
The information I need is extremely pivotal to my case.
Sorry for the misspelling . I can spell but spell check changed my spelling. Lol

I would do it just as you worded it. It is fair to say that you do not believe it will interfere with the November date.

You can not anticipate what the Defendant will do.

Michael Bradley
Thank you very much. That's a great help.

good luck

Thank you.
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer