For breach of contract is there any way to file a suit if…

Customer Question
For breach of contract...

For breach of contract is there any way to file a suit if only a verbal contract is in place? If significant damages to a property (home) are provided and financial loss? Witnesses too?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The defendant has a criminal background and criminal mischief since including still possessing items he stole from the property.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/1/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Except for certain types of contracts, verbal agreements can be legally enforceable. What is the nature of the contract in question?