I had a DMV hearing yesterday. At the end of the hearing the…

Customer Question
I had a DMV...

I had a DMV hearing yesterday. At the end of the hearing the officer asked if I had recieved notice of the hearing since I didn't get my notice - and did appear - will that affect my case in any way? Is the state obligated to send a NOH? If so, if they fail to do so, what does that do for a case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

California, in Los Angeles County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In what regards ***** ***** at the hearing, there was a blood panel, arrest report, dmv printout, and two other documents that were discussed and entered in as evidence

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

1) The fact that you did not receive notice but still appeared will not impact your criminal matter in any way (if there is one);

2) However, while it does not impact the administrative (DMV) hearing officially, it shows good faith on your part, and may informally give you some "points" in their decision.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.