I am interested in transporting human ashes to Hawaii. The…

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in transporting human ashes to Hawaii. The little girl asked that her ashes be dumped in the ocean at Hawaii and I'd really like to do that. Are there any special permits or documents I'll need to transport them on a flight to Honolulu.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. She died quite some time ago and the parents never did it for her. She was a very special little girl land I'd like to fill her last wish.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

While you can fly with human ashes, every airline has its own policy with regard to whether it has to go into cargo or can be carried in your hand baggage or suitcase. Also, the airlines vary on what documentation they will need to see. You can get some idea of the range of possibilities here, though this article may be out of date.

So check with the airlines you think you might use and get their policy.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.