Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a sales organization which has an exhaustive P&P that…

I have a sales organization...
I have a sales organization which has an exhaustive P&P that outlines rights, responsibilities, remedies, dispute resolution, etc. of a contracted broker. Is there a simple way of connecting that to a simple contract via a reference back to the P&P as the governing document? we are a wyoming llc but have our admin offices and operations in Texas.
6/29/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, you can incorporate the P&P by reference in the contract. You would do this by having a clause in the contract that states that "This contract incorporates by reference all of the policies and procedures as outlined in Company Name P&P manual, a copy of which has been provided to Contractor as a supplement to this contract."
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Thanks. If there is a conflict between the "contract" and the P&P, could I make the P&P rule?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, in event of a conflict between contract and P&P you can add a line in that says "In the event of conflict between contract and P&P, the P&P shall be the controlling document as to that conflicting issue."

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney