Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there any law or rule of civil procedure that says a

Judge can rule against someone...
Is there any law or rule of civil procedure that says a Judge can rule against someone for the mere fact that they don't cite relevant cases that this can cause the judgement to be rendered against them even though the facts and the evidence clearly show the defense filing fraudulent claims to win decisions.
6/25/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What state is involved here, thanks

The state of Ohio

Plaintiff here in Ohio has burden of proof.

The burden of proof determines which party is responsible for putting forth evidence and the level of evidence they must provide in order to prevail on their claim. In most cases, the plaintiff (the party bringing the claim) has the burden of proof.

The burden of proof has two components. First, the plaintiff must satisfy the burden of production, which has also been referred to as the burden of going forward. As the terms suggest, this burden requires the plaintiff to put forth evidence in the form of witness testimony, documents, or objects. After the plaintiff presents his or her case-in-chief, the burden of production shifts to the defendant, who then has the opportunity to provide evidence either rebutting the plaintiff’s evidence or supporting the defendant’s own arguments.

Second, the plaintiff must satisfy the burden of persuasion. This burden determines which standard of proof the plaintiff must follow in presenting evidence to the judge or jury. A standard of proof determines the amount of evidence the plaintiff or defendant needs to provide in order for the jury to reach a particular determination. In most civil cases, the burden of persuasion that applies is called “a preponderance of the evidence.” This standard requires the jury to return a judgment in favor of the plaintiff if the plaintiff is able to show that a particular fact or event was more likely than not to have occurred. Some scholars define the preponderance of the evidence standard as requiring a finding that at least 51 percent of the evidence favors the plaintiff’s outcome.

So here the plaintiff has the burden of proof and overall must convince the judge 515-49% that they have evidence sufficient to prevail.I am assuming that this is is what teh judge was referring too even though he wasn't clear.

And honestly the judge has way too much discretion to determine who should win sometimes. You have right to file a judicial complaint if you feel he misapplied the law here to your case.

File here

http://www.acluohio.org/resources/need-legal-help/file-complaint-against-judge

I appreciate the chance to help you today, please let me know if you have more, thanks.

Ray, Lawyer
How do find out about a corporation and the separate company's that are a part of it Do you have access to that information.
Ray, Lawyer