I hired a transport broker to transport my boat from OK to…

Customer Question
I hired a transport...

I hired a transport broker to transport my boat from OK to Canada. Have a contract for a price but no specific dates other than they had previously scheduled it for 15 June. The 15 June came and went and his excuse was that someone did not get back to him with a height measurement. The second scheduled pick up was for 22 June and the driver did not show up. They say they are looking for another carrier but my patience is wearing thin because my insurance, customs, accepting marina in Canada all have time limits which is costing me time, money etc.. What can be done with this transport broker?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the boat?

Oaklahoma OK, the boat is 14 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know what you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 year ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what outcome are you seeking at this point?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well, I want my boat transported at the price contracted, but these guys are dragging feet. Can I hire a different comany and bill them the difference?

You may cancel, hire a new company and bill them. You may threaten legal action or have a lawyer do so which may prompt their compliance and a discount for the delay. You may formally sue. If you paid them by credit card you may contest charges as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi sorry I had to step out to get kids. Are you still there?
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.