Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I lost a circuit court case after it was tried 3 times my

attorney filed a motion appeal...
I lost a circuit court case after it was tried 3 times my attorney filed a motion appeal to the Appellate Court,where he forfeited her right to appeal the court's evidentiary rulings because he failed to request a new trial in my post trial motion?
6/22/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

If you have been prejudiced by your attorney's actions it is possible that you may have a malpractice suit.

The fact that your attorney was in contempt for failure to follow court procedures and orders would indicate taht he failed to provide proper legal service.

A motion for a retrial needs to be proper and cannot be frivolously filed so it is not possible to ascertain whether your attorney should have file a motion for a retrial without knowledge of the facts.

If your attorney failed to offer you the standard of care as expected from members of the bar by missing application deadlines and breaching court orders you can can have a successful malpractice suit.

You must have suffered damages as a result of his conduct and can file a case in the civil court if that is the case.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

The Appellate Court of Illinois affirmed the Circuit Court decisions of the above question that I asked u.The Circuit Court states in the Appellate paperwork that again, the Appellate Court affirmed the Circuit Court decisions that my attorney planted error after error in my case and even says that he told my attorney I r hurting ur clients action by ur conduct. My next question is,if I were to have a viable case against this attorney in Illinois since the Appellate Court decision was dated 6/1/17 would this be the date of the beginning of the statue to file a claim, or would it be the date that he initially filed the post trial motion that was filed incorrectly according to my first knowledge of knowing this is when I received this paperwork after I requested it from him when he called and told me we lost, and when I asked him why we lost he replied " the judges just didn't rule in our favor." However, after I received the paperwork that I requested a copy of ( Appellate Court) that is when I learned about All the violations in limited orders . Judge even told him in this paperwork "u r hurting ur clients case by ur actions."

I will open up your call request as it's running late here.

The statute of limitations is 2 years

735 ILCS 5/13-214.3(b

It can be from the time that you became aware of your lawyers' deficiencies.

So from the time you received the letter fro the Court of Appeals.

From what you have described erroneous filing and breach of court rules that prejudiced your action would make the lawyer liable and all lawyers are required to carry malpractice insurance in case of the same.

Attorney Bill

if possible for u to call me I would appreciate it.

I opened up the call an attorney who is making online calls.

He will contact you shortly.

In relation to my answer

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

I would like to cancel the phone call request, and continue conversing with u. I have another clarification to the previous question,I possibly received written paperwork copy of the trial courts denied my post trial motion by written order dated 9/11/15 . Says the Court first noted that my post trial motion had "technical defects" citing many summary allegations of error without particularly specifying the grounds in support there of , explaining that may or may not someday be determined be that plaintiff's post trial motion is insufficient to preserve the alleged errors for review ,but that question is not before this court at this time. I am assuming that was the Circuit Court not the Appellate Court. Wanted to make sure since it was brought up there , that there would not be possible that it would be the starting of the statue ? I wouldn't think so since it is before the Appellate Court even makes the decision related to the case, however just want to make sure ?

Yes , follow ups are allowed even after you RATE POSITIVELY to give me a credit.

You need to request a copy of your file from your attorney to pursue the malpractice suit.

Filing of motions that are defective and don't adhere to civil procedural rules can be malpractice if your case and action was prejudiced by their delay. It all comes down to whether you suffered damages through your attorney's actions that were less than adequate.

A malpractice attorney will need a copy of his files to sue him.

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

The sad part about this is he is a personel injury/ legal malpractice attorney ,and I thought I could trust him. There were several sanctions that went on through out the time all the court proceedings were going on. The trial court indeed stated that my attorney's conduct was " one of the most egregious and c**tumacious acts witnessed by this court in twenty-five yrs. of being a member of the bar." The Appellate Court said that there is sufficient evidence to support the finding of contempt in this instance . Question to u r u able to refer or suggest an attorney for me to consult with regards ***** *****?

In Illinois you can use the State Bar Referral Service.

"http://www.illinoislawyerfinder.com/find-a-lawyer

There is a referral service and online directory.

Your attorney's conduct can be also reported to the STate bar for professional misconduct in that case.

https://www.iardc.org/htr_filingarequest.html

Misconduct and malpractice are two separate procedures.

I see you never rated.

By rating 3 ,4 or 5 STARS I get a credit for my time and response.

Thanks

Bill

Bill Attorney
I thought I was to rate u @ the end of our convo. So that is why I have not rated u yet
If I am not mistaken the defense attorneys,were threatening to attempt to report him to Illinois Stae Bar Assoc. for professional misconduct. Thank-u for ur assistance. I will now close out our session by rating u.
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer