socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have been "fired" by my attorney and I have a court date

Customer Question

Hello, I have been "fired" by my attorney and I have a court date on July 11. I am afraid to represent myself but have no more money for another retainer. HELP!!
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ca. it's a divorce case
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes. I have a case number
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 months ago.

NOTICE: If you are presented with an offer for a phone consultation, which may appear to have been sent by me, please know that this is an automated website offer, and that I do not participate in this Justanswer program. If you would like to correspond with me directly, whether by phone, email or otherwise, then do not accept the phone call offer, because your request will be accepted by a random contributor, who may or may not be licensed to practice law in California – and, I will be unable to provide further assistance. Instead,simply type to me that you would like my direct contact info, and I will send you a specific offer for that purpose.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), the Bar of the U.S. Tax Court, the California and National Associations of Realtors, and I have comprehensive information about all areas of California law.

An attorney cannot discharge their client, if the attorney is already "of record" with the court. The court must make a withdrawal order upon motion of the attorney.

That said, feel free to explain why you believe that your attorney "fired" you?

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!