RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I was on jail now i m out but i cant slep i have deprecion

Customer Question

i was on jail now i m out but i cant slep i have deprecion olso if a go to bed i dont fiel safe like a fiel when i was on jail ca i get lawsuit for that
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: los angeles california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: well i was about to doit when they relise me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good morning,

You always have the right to file a lawsuit. Whether you would be successful is another matter. My professional opinion is that it would be a very difficult claim. To be successful in a lawsuit for negligent infliction of emotional distress, you would have to prove that the jail caused you to suffer direct harm from their negligent acts, and that such negligent acts were a "substantial factor" (i.e. more than a trivial cause) in causing your “serious” anxiety, nervousness, or fright.

Understandably, jail is not a nice play to be, especially if you were there for a long time. But unless the jail was somehow negligent in how they carried out their duties in their care and control of you while you were an inmate at the facility I don't see a cause of action. Hopefully you see the difference - just because jails are not good environments does not mean the jail was negligent.

If you require any additional information or clarification, please REPLY WITHOUT RATING and I'll be happy to assist you further. Otherwise, if you have no additional questions, please remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Thank you.