ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

For immigrants does crimes committed at local or state level

Customer Question

For immigrants does crimes committed at local or state level reflect in fbi background check
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

It's generally felonies and misdemeanors, wherever they occur. They definitely show up at the Federal and State level, and even from large municipalities that have local ordinances that result in misdemeanor or felony level offenses. For example, in New York City, reckless driving is a misdemeanor, even though it's a non-criminal traffic offense elsewhere. That would show up in a Federal background check. So the point is not so much at what level (Federal, state, local) the crimes occurred, but rather the severity of the crimes and if the individual was convicted of the crime or not.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In my FBI background check it says that I do not have any Arrest at fbi. But it does not mean I don't have any Criminal record at state level.

That's correct. It doesn't guarantee that you've never been arrested, tried, convicted, etc... anywhere. But IF you were and if it were reported to the FBI, it would show up in that report. My point is that they could be reflected in the report, not that they necessarily are. Furthermore, a criminal record includes arrests, not just convictions, and the FBI would only show convictions IF reported. So even if it were something that you were tried for and would have been reported to the FBI if there was a conviction, if you were acquitted it would not be reported to the FBI, even though you would have a "record" at the state level showing the arrest. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I sent wrong doc

But if you want to be certain, you can seek a California background check to find out if anything is reported at the state level: https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/visaimmigration

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to know if reporting to FBI for crimes by immigrants and non immigrants different from crimes by citizens

No.

They don't.

If there's nothing else, please rate this answer.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Hello?

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time (over 1 hour) and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Again, please note that I am waiting for you to rate this answer on your screen. Can you see on your screen where you need to rate it? This is what you need to do to close it out and give me credit for the time and effort spent on your question.