Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Boa filed early warning on me back in 2015. I was supposed

to have overdraft protection and...
Boa filed early warning on me back in 2015. I was supposed to have overdraft protection and I was out of state when my account over drafted and they closed my account and filed with early warning
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in ontario ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Boa filed with early warning
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did pay what I owed in fees for the account that week.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Can the attorney get it removed?
6/16/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Is the report from BOA accurate, did you have issues with your account before they shut the account?
No issues that were brought to my attention. I was supposed to have overdraft protection, everything was good I went on a buisness trip to Portland Oregon came back and I was negative in my account I had the flu so didn't get into the bank fast enough to settle what I was supposed to be protected and my account was closed. I also filed a dispute and it didn't go through. It really bites because I can not get a checking account anywhere and have resorted to those pay as you go cards. I was ashasmed when I was trying any angle to get a bank account
And when I went into Wells Fargo the lady told me boa reported I did fraud. Extremely embarrassing in front of a long line of customers waiting for the teller. The paid the money they acclaimed I over drafted the same week. I truly did nothing wrong and I feel I been given a shitty deal. Please excuse my language at the end, is their anything you can do to help
Thank you for your reply.
This is not an easy thing to deal with. First step is write to the BoA Fraud unit and explain the situation in writing and ask for removal from the list. If they refuse, which is likely, you need to go to smaller banks and credit unions to open an account since most of them do not use the EWS and do not check reports. Finally, the last option, you would have to file suit against BoA and the EWS for filing false reports and prove in court that their reports are false and seek a court order to remove the listing.
Those are the steps you need to follow to get removed.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Thank you for the advice.

Thank you for your reply.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney