Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I received a eviction notice. I am polar and have got in a

Customer Question
Hello. I received a eviction...
Hello. I received a eviction notice. I am bi polar and have got in a few arguments with my apartment neibors and one physical altercation. My wife who is also on the lease has had zero issues. Is there a way She could stay if I left the premesis. I do see a phycologist and receive didability check for drpression.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I just received a seven day notice yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about it. Thank you
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

ok

Are you under a fixed term lease or are you month to month?

.

What is the basis of the eviction action?

.

What violation are they claiming happened?

.

Do you agree that a violation occurred?

.

Does the notice list both of you?

.

.

thanks

Fixed. I had a few arguments with neighbors and one physical confrontation. I do agree with it. Both of our names our on the lease.

Ok, so what are they saying on the notice.... fighting with neighbors, breach of the peace, something else?

.

Have they pointed to a certain clause in the lease you violated?

.

Have you gotten any formal diagnosis from your doctor that you would be willing to share with the landlord?

no I have not

How about the first two questions?

Just that I have been warned before. That I have cause noise violations. A few of my neighbors are on drugs

Ok, if the landlord didn't actually witness any noise violations, and there were no police called so that there is a report, then they don't have any proof that it happened other than what a neighbor says.. So you could fight them in court on it.

.

You could also present the landlord with something from your doctor about your illness and threaten to sue them for discrimination based on your illness if they pursued an eviction...

.

Or as you initially state, you could agree to negotiate where you would move off the property and they agree to allow wife to remain..

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

excuse me the police wew called once for a argument altercation with a neighbor because of my dog.

Ok, then you are going to have to give them a reason not to evict you... as in threatening to sue them for discrimination due to your disability. It is kind of a bluff, because they would be evicting due to your actions, not any disability, but it could back them off if you had a local attorney send them a threatening letter stating you will sue... Landlord's don't like to get sued as they have to hire attorneys for several thousand dollars to defend.

.

.

thanks

Do you know any attornys in Florida. Could you write the letter? How much would it approx. cost me for the lawyer

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need foreign counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

.

I would ballpark the cost at around $100-150..

Thank you

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney