Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

A board member if my HOA in my community is starring down my

Customer Question

A board member if my HOA in my community is starring down my children and taking pictures of them. She has interfered in the acquisition of at wife getting the key to the pool. We feel these are retaliatory efforts by her because she wanted to buy/rent our unit and we acquire it first. Is there any legal recourse?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have now received a letter which was addressed "to the community" that we must park both our vehicles in the driveway and be subject to a garage inspection. There is not enough room for both our cars.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Your only recourse here is if they have singled you out and treated you differently from other residents.If that is the case you can sue the HOA claiming disparate treatment. You need to check with the neighbors to make sure this letter was distributed to all here and not just you.You may want to ask for meeting with HOA board to discuss parking and try for some resolution you can live with.I would be frank with them and tell them you feel there is unfair treatment and that you have been treated disparately and discriminated against, etc.I mean it cannot hurt here, you have rights to equal treatment under the law.And you always have right to use lawyer to sue the HOA , they get sued alot.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Lawyer referral if you have to sue HOA

n California:(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks again and the best here.