Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My car was repossed. the loan for the car is current. I

Customer Question

my car was repossed. the loan for the car is current. I believe another judgement creditor took it. I have no paper work and have no idea how to retrieve it. Is there a way for me to find out who took it and where it is
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: /florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't understand your question. th believe it was a credit card was that I was served a month ago, failed to appear, the car disappeared a few days later.I cannot find the service docs
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that the story
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. How do you know it was repossessed and not stolen? I ask because did you see a tow truck and if so, did you speak with them? Have you contacted the police about this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
was taking a shower, and when I looked the car was gone

If the car was simply taken, you should call the police and get them involved and report it stolen. A plaintiff who has a judgment can not simply take your car and there is a legal process which they must go through, to get it. You would have received notice and been given a chance to be heard along the way and if this did not happen, you could have a basis to sue them. Moreover, if you were current on your payments, there would have been no reason for the finance company to repossess this, so you do want to see if there are any open cases in the county where you reside, that this may be involved with but calling the police and reporting this, is the first place so start, so they can investigate.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!