Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I need to get my personal property from my spouses house can

Customer Question

i need to get my personal property from my spouses house can I legally get it without him being there?obtaining personal property
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: maine
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the house belongs ti him we are married for 3 months and I moved out because we were having marital problems a counselor advised me to move out and to not go there alone I want to get my personal property
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You're allowed to go back in when he's not there unless there is a court order that grants him exclusive use and possession of the marital home. It's considered the marital home even though he owned it before you got married. However, if he's changed the locks, the best course of action is to ask a police officer to go with you when he's home to collect your belongings.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?