Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

My lawyer had me sign a contract stating I would agree to

Customer Question

My lawyer had me sign a contract stating I would agree to pay him 2,800 in 4 months to defend my son. My son ended up accumulating other charges and he then refused to represent him any further. Prior to the charges he was upset that neither my son or I went to view the evedince the county had provided more than once. Regardless, he told me he did not want to represent my son, I asked for my money back and he refused. What can I do and who can I talk to?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I have a meeting with him tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only if it's legal that he keeps the money
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

You can contact the Texas Bar Assocaition, file a grievance and requisite alternate dispute resolution of the retainer fee that you paid the attorney.

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=File_a_Grievance&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=29656

The client attorney assistance program will attempt to reach a negotiation between you an the attorney.

Client-Attorney Assistance Program (CAAP) for help at: 1-***-***-****

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I would like to follow up with you on your question in which I replied to yesterday and gave an answer. Do you need any more information ?

When Finished PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE EXPERTS COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND REPONSE PREVIOUSLY

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill