Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My Mom has a gold bracelet that she has never took off her

Customer Question

My Mom has a gold bracelet that she has never took off her wrist. She gained weight and is unable to take off her wrist. She is planning to visit Israel. Can she fly to Israel without cutting it off her wrist?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

Yes. However:

1) She will need to contact the airline (if she is flying El Al) ahead of time to let them know of the situation, and

2) She can expect to be taken aside by Israeli security for a brief time before boarding to ensure that the bracelet is indeed that - just a bracelet.

Provided that is done, she should not have any problems.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your utmost satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank You Ely for your sound advice. I am very happy that I used your services and without doubt thank you again for your 5 star Service!!! Dwight
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to RATE my answer with five stars and then click FINISH to submit that rating – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please use the SEND button to keep on chatting. "I strive for FIVE!"