Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was accused of embezzlement and my previous treasure set

Customer Question

I was accused of embezzlement and my previous treasure set me up. I was told that I can sue as civil and defamation.
As well being sexual harassed by non profit organization. A bit complex
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sue for damages if you can prove the treasurer set you up for these false claims against you.
With the non-profit in order to have a sexual harassment suit against them you had to be an actual employee, not a volunteer. The courts have held that volunteers cannot pursue sexual harassment claims, only employees who are paid can. If you were an actual employee, then you need to file your complaint with the EEOC (http://www.eeoc.gov) copy and paste the link, do not click it. Once the EEOC investigates they will give you a right to sue letter to sue for damages for the sexual harassment.
Even if you cannot sue for sexual harassment, you can still sue for the treasurer setting up false claims against you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.