How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Illinois is there given minimum time to respond to

Customer Question

in Illinois is there given minimum time to respond to summon, I am trying to motion to quash old judment and it was filed more than 30 days before served to me?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: IL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: it is old case 2006, recently reopend by plantif and they looking to revive judment my line of defense is insuffient service
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am looking for advise how to motion to quash this matter
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

What happened with the original summons and complaint? What did you do in response, and when did you do it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was served uppon mu wife for her and for me also as substitute, defoult judgment was awarded to plantif, and after that there were few times I had to go to court ,ex. discovery of assets, and after few years it went away, now 11 years after I was served again to show up at court for revival of old judgment where I heard Judge that I can contest it but at the original court
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

What kind of case is it?