Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I found out that have been the parent of my ex-wife and her

Customer Question

I found out that have been the parent of my ex-wife and her old boyfriend child. Is there anything I can do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: north carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, I've had custody of my 3 boys since 1994
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be enough
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. I am happy to speak with you, but by no means are you required to accept it.

What you can do kind of depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for child support? Are you looking to change the name on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like her old boy friend to pay his part. They think this is a funny joke

I can understand your concern certainly. I'm sorry to hear about that. Did you have custody of the child at all? Or was custody with mom?