How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found out that have been the parent of my ex-wife and her

Customer Question

I found out that have been the parent of my ex-wife and her old boyfriend child. Is there anything I can do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: north carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, I've had custody of my 3 boys since 1994
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be enough
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. I am happy to speak with you, but by no means are you required to accept it.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

What you can do kind of depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for child support? Are you looking to change the name on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like her old boy friend to pay his part. They think this is a funny joke
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

I can understand your concern certainly. I'm sorry to hear about that. Did you have custody of the child at all? Or was custody with mom?