Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need to talk to a lawyer about health insurance law, just

Customer Question
a few questions, no lawsuits...
I need to talk to a lawyer about health insurance law, just a few questions, no lawsuits or anything like that. Just a (hopefully) brief chat.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: My home is in New Jersey, I am working in the bay area of SF, the company I work for is in VA, take your pick
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing like that basic questions of what is the law
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would prefer to speak by phone if possible
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? If you would like to speak on the phone, you are welcome to click "accept" when you get an automatic phone call request.

I just read a disclaimer that this does not constitute legal advice, which is what I am seeking. How am I to interpret this?
I want you to call me, but only after you explain the "not constitute legal advice" part... I won't spend money until I know what I am getting for my $

Good question. We provide good general information and some recommendations as well. Legal advice usually occurs when a) there is a lawyer-client relationship and b) the communications are intended to be protected. Here, we don't dispense legal advice because a) and b) don't apply. However, with a private phone call, I can at least give you some information that is a bit more private than this forum, a lot more direct, and at a much cheaper price than speaking with a local attorney.

Does your background specifically include health insurance law. And in which state did you pass the bar?

Hi, I think that what you are looking for is probably beyond the scope of what I'm able to help you out with; however, I'll opt out and let another attorney expert who may be better able to assist you take the lead.

I have very specific questions about health care law and how employers deal with it. I need someone with that specific experience.
It's not about litigation, it's because I don't trust the information my employer is giving me and I need to know what the law says from an independent and trustworthy source.
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

what were you told by your employer. Once I have that I would like to try to help.

I have over 25 years experience as a general practitioner.

Tina, Lawyer