How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27762
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I invested 4500. to cyber digital sales for a web page for

Customer Question

I invested 4500. to cyber digital sales for a web page for people to save money on there cell bill for Sprint and no one has signed in cyber is saying that they can't help it if no one signs in that I got a web page and 10,000 leads
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: there is no co. listed as cds.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

What is your question with regard to this situation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want my money back as I have on one sign in these months I know it is frud I would like to stop them from taking other peoples money.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't started my free 7 days
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you here?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, but by the time you responded to my post I was asleep for night and no longer at the computer.

The issue here is whether this company did everything for you that they contracted to do. If they gave you all you bargained for and you did not make any money from their efforts, that is not their fault. If, on the other hand, the site that you paid them for wasn't functional, or if the leads that they gave you were all stale leads, or if they made written guarantees or promises that didn't come about, then you would be on safer grounds if you had to ultimately sue them for a return of your deposit.

If they didn't give you all they promised you, here are the various steps that you could take to try to address this and get a refund:

If you have tried unsuccessfully to negotiate with the company to have them remedy this situation, your next step would be to talk to your bank or credit card carrier tell them that you are the victim of a fraud and dispute the $4,500 charge. Typically, they would not be liable for money you withdrew voluntarily, but sometimes, they may be able to do a chargeback for you if you didn't get what you paid for.

If you try this and get nowhere with your bank or credit card carrier, you can contact a lawyer to write a strong letter to the company, listing the various ways they have breached their contract with you and misrepresented their services and telling them that if they are not willing to refund your money then you will have no choice but to take them to court and sue them for breach of the contract and for their fraudulent and deceptive trade practices.

You can do this for yourself without a lawyer, though it has more teeth when the letter is on a lawyer's letterhead. A successful suit involving fraudulent and deceptive trade practices would entitle you not only to your monetary losses but to treble damages. A letter mentioning the unfair trade practices law should make any real company think twice and, hopefully, settle up with you. Since you're not hiring the lawyer to do anything other than write and draft a letter, it should be low cost.

Meanwhile, you can file complaints with the US consumer protection agencies we have. Go to the Better Business Bureau's site and lodge a consumer complaint against the company. They are at As a non-profit organization committed to protecting consumers, the BBB will try to intervene on your behalf and to resolve your problem if they can locate the company and the company is willing to work with them.

From there, you can file another complaint with the state attorney general's office in the US state where the company is located and with your state. You want to emphasize that the company has breached its contract with you and engaged in fraudulent, unfair and deceptive marketing practices.

You can also report them to the Federal Trade Commission at

If all else fails, you can hire a consumer rights lawyer or sue the company yourself in thei state's Small Claims Court.

Ultimately, if you are the victim of the scam and cannot recover from anyone, your unreimbursed losses are tax deductible. So you can get something back in the form of a deduction when you file your 2017 income taxes.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.