Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If a business cancels an agreement for non-payment, can they

come back and ask for...
If a business cancels an agreement for non-payment, can they come back and ask for additional money after they cancelled the agreement?
6/15/2017
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

You have not provided nearly enough information to enable an answer to be provided. Please fully explain the situation including the nature of the "agreement" as well as all facts leading to the cancellation of the contract by one party---and their alleged reasons for doing so.

If you have a number of questions or you would prefer direct communication with me, you might consider a phone call option to better address your legal issues. As soon as I post this message, the site will offer you a phone call option. After you click on the call option I can accept your call and call you right away.

Doug

Sorry about that.. it was quite vague. I had a virtual office space with a provider. There agreement which was signed online. When my card was declined for nonpayment, I received an email stating that the contract agreement was terminated for nonpayment. I received the letter on June 22, 2016. I started the service on March 2016. I have attached both the agreement and the termination email I have received throughout the remainder of last year. Sorry about the vague intro.

I do not review documents as part of answering a question---for obvious reasons. If your question requires the review of documents I can offer you the premium service of a document review followed by a phone call to discuss all the issues.

If you are willing to consider this, let me know, and I will be happy to assist you.

Doug

Ok. Not a problem.

Do you have a specific question, or alternatively, would you like for me to review the documents and call you?

Doug

The question would require looking at the docs. At least i would think. I will check back later. The issue has been going on for a year so a few more days won't hurt. I will check back in with you next week and take your offer.

Very well.

Have a great day.

Doug

Is this offer still available?

Yes, my offer is still open.

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney
Okay I will accept the offer and pay the bill for a review.
Can't discuss right now, I am in a meeting however if you can review that would be good for our conversation. Do you still have the link with the attachments?

Yes, I still have two documents. The Regus Agreement and the Regus Termination.

When would you like for me to call you? Give me a heads up before the call time so I can have freshly reviewed the documents.

Doug

We can do the call around 6pm if you're available.

6 PM in what time zone?

Maryland?

And I will need a phone number to call you at.

Doug

Yep. My mistake. Eastern Time zone.Maryland

Sure, not a problem. 6 PM Eastern it is. Why don't you give me your phone number?

Doug

Thanks. Got it. I'll talk with you in about an hour,

Doug

Thank you for your questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name (Doug) in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again, and have a great 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney