How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you declare bankrupsy on a va loan, Arizona,yes a 20,000

Customer Question

can you declare bankrupsy on a va loan
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: Arizona,yes a 20,000 dollar j udgement
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes to the va
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.
you have a VA loan on your house and a 20k judgment and you want to file for bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i lost the home 30 years ago and they just now say i owe 20,000.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot afford the membership.Im on a fixed income
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

I apologize for the delay; I was out of the office for a personal day followed by the weekend.

Unfortunately the VA indemnity regulation codified at 38 CF$ 36.4323(e) permits anti deficiency judgments on VA loans; the statute of limitations still applies; judgment may be renewed either by filing a suit on it or by filing an affidavit of renewal with the Clerk of the appropriate Court. A.R.S. §§ 12-1611, 1612(A).

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.

I hope you feel I have earned 5 stars in getting you the information requested!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
Terms of service can be viewed here: