Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Two years ago I met someone online and they deposited 4,000

Customer Question

Two years ago I met someone online and they deposited 4,000 dollars in fraudulent checks in my name into my bank account that I never signed for and I filed a police report but since they were not in the United States the police couldn't do anything about it. And now I can't have a bank account anywhere
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Pennsylvania June of 2015
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a police report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also filed for bankruptcy since I can't afford to pay my credit card debt and the bank wants their money and I can't afford to pay it
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because this has happened I can't open a bank account because I owe the bank 4,000 dollars for the fraudulent checks that were deposited without my knowing. And the bank wants me to pay it back ,since then I have filed bankruptcy because I can't afford to pay the bank and my credit card debt. How can I open a bank account with all of this happening
Sorry...still not sure I understand...what do you mean how can I open a bank account?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Have a great day. Sorry can't afford to pay anymore money so I can't continue this conversation
I wish you the best
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks
Certainly