Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How much is a legal name change in the state of

Customer Question

How much is a legal name change in the state of Pennsylvania? I am currently 19 years old and I was born in Korea. I became a citizen when I was 4 through my mom but I had to keep my Korean name. I've been thinking of changing it to my English name for a while now but I would like some details before I hire a lawyer to help me with the process
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

An attorney can handle the petition for change of name. This is a simple proceeding and should not be too expensive, but there's no fixed rate.

My best estimate would be between $500 and $750, depending on the attorney you hire.

My best advice would be to contact local attorneys in your area to find out the exact cost.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does the $500-$750 include the price of legal documents and everything?