Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
68197583

I live in California. If I integrate this API ( into a

I live in California. If I integrate this API (https://www.cannabisreports.com/api) into a software app, what steps would I need to take to avoid any legal issues due to the subject matter of the this API?
In short, a user can perform a search, and if it matches something like a flower in the cannabisreports.com API, they can view information about this on the App.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

I apologize, however I do not understand your legal question. If you would be kind enough to rephrase the question for me I would appreciate it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In summary, is it legal to monitize an app that deals with Medical Marijuana? I am in California. For example, the user buys this app, and now they can search about the benefits of the different strains of Medical Marijuana using the data from the previous listed website.

I may be missing something in your question. I believe this is an intellectual property question and you are asking the app provider has the legal right to reference other sites. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The IP part is fine. More of a concern that if someone from outside of California downloaded the app where medical marijuana is not legal, could I run into legal issues?

Thank you for the clarification.

If it is just for informational purposes the answer is no you would not have a legal issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Are you still online with me? Do you have any additional questions for me with regard to this matter?