I am considering pursuing civil litigation against a person…

Customer Question
I am considering pursuing...

I am considering pursuing civil litigation against a person and (possible persons) who committed a crime against me and are currently facing criminal charges. How do I select the correct lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in CO, the charges the person is facing is taking place in NV. I lived in CA at the time this took place.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

For a civil suit? no. For the criminal charges yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This was a romance scam which resulted in theft and fraud. The person who committed teh crime confessed completely to authorities.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2017
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The crime and the civil wrong done against you was perpetrated by a person in the state of NV, and therefore you will need to sue them in Nevada using a Nevada licensed Tort law attorney, or a general civil litigation attorney.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug