Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can workers compensation make you go to their IN NETWORK

Customer Question
Good afternoon. Can workers compensation...
Good afternoon. Can workers compensation make you go to their IN NETWORK physical therapists after you are already being treated by someone who is not in their network that my doctor referred me to because it is in the same building as my treating physican?
JA: I am Pearl, the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: I am Marie
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Mississippi but my company is out of Houston and my claim adjuster is in Floriday
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a flight attendant
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
6/12/2017
Lawyer: John, Attorney replied 6 months ago
John, Attorney

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

You have the right to select your own physician. You have the right to choose your own medical provider and not have your Employer select your medical provider. However, your right can be waived if you sign a Choice of Physician form for a different doctor, or doctor of the Employer’s choice; if you treat with a doctor for six months; or if you allow a doctor to perform a surgery. If you did any of these then you have waived your right to choose. It is very important that you make clear that you want to pick your doctor and notify your Employer of that choice immediately after your work injury occurs.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

John, Attorney