Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez,
Experience:  Managing Member at EWF Title, LLC
93419235

I requested mediation thru the Los Angeles Bar Assn over a

Customer Question

I requested mediation thru the Los Angeles Bar Assn over a feel dispute with my atty. He won a judgment in collecting a loan and I asked for a contract before collection began. He agreed that I should have a contract but instead of drawing up one, he sent me papers to sign allowing him to withdraw as counsel which did not make any sense. While waiting to be assigned to a mediator, I received court papers that a hearing is scheduled for June 23rd for release as counsel. What rights do I have?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Los ANgeles CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received a copy of court documents notifying me of the hearing for ending his representation in the case.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just I would like the atty to complete the case
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Unless you could prove extreme prejudice (such as a fast-approaching trial date), the court will likely grant the attorney's motion to withdraw for (presumably) irreconcilable differences.If so, typically, the Court will provide you, at least, 30 days to obtain new counsel.