LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

After living in this house for around 13 years and always

Customer Question

After living in this house for around 13 years and always paying my rent on time how easy wil it be for the owner to evict me
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Also the landlord has never done any kind of maintenance on the house
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No she just text me and said I had to be out by the 11th of July
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She said she has it up for sale
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Without a lease agreement in place you would be considered a month to month tenant. To end the tenancy the landlord would need to give you at least a 30 day notice. If you pay your rent on the first of the month the landlord would need to give the notice before if they wanted it to terminate at the end of the month. Assuming that is the case here if the landlord just texted you the notice to vacate it would actually give you until the end of July to vacate assuming you paid your rent on the 1st and not the 15th or prior to today.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!