If a military former spouse has been paying SBP premiums and…

If a military former spouse...
If a military former spouse has been paying SBP premiums and remarries before age 55, is the SBP coverage suspended?
6/7/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. I am happy to speak with you, but by no means are you required to accept it.

The answer to your question is that is yes, your SBP will be suspended in your case until your new spouse dies or if you get divorced.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer

You are too kind, thank you!