What normally happens with a contempt on a civil action

Customer Question
anyways a fine not jail...
What normally happens with a contempt on a civil action anyways a fine not jail time right ? That would allow me time to file the bankruptcy right?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

If you fail to appear here then it could be a fine, legal fees, or probation here.You really want to appear and stall this, bring some documents maybe not all and avoid the contempt.And you can still file Chapter 7 here , the sooner the better.It would end the harassment and discharge the debt involved and any others you might have.

I appreciate the chance to h elp you again and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.