Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son, Ernesto, 11, have attended an after-school program

Customer Question

My son, Ernesto, 11, have attended an after-school program run by the City of Los Angeles, since age 5. The program has a summer program which he attended, as well. This past March 27, when I , after work,went to pick him up, I was told by Perla, a staff member, that Ernesto was being held for 'detention' because he was 'a bully' and had been bullying another child. I asked more facts and to have the alleged aggrieved child and his parents present to do some fact gathering. When Perla continued saying, to me, son & various other staff members that Ernesto was 'a bully'. I asked to speak to the program director, a new fellow, Aaron. We held a meeting with Aaron, Perla , my wife, other staff members who kept going in and out of the room. Since I took the charges of my son being a bully very seriously, and saw the effect on Ernesto, I demanded to speak to the other child and his parents to be present. That never happened. I asked for an apology feeling that Perla had jumped the gun by charging Ernie as being a bully in the absence of more facts. She didn't budge, and said she wanted to speak to Aaron alone. I asked again to bring the child and parents; but u was told the parents had already picked up the kids. Aaron told me he'll call me.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: A month went by; i called Aaron several times; felt his evasion and asked to give me his superior's name, phone and e-mail. I contacted the man. I asked for the city to take some action,either suspend, discipline or fire Perla. 3 weeks went by ; the supervisor sent me a boiler plate of the city protocol, but no action.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the city is Los Angeles, CA. No, haven't filed anything; I am trying to see if i have a cause of action, defamation? And sue the city. I pulled my son off the program where has been since age 5. I feel that being a bully is a serious matter; and its corollary, being charged a bully just as serious.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want an answer to my may 29, 2017 question. You just charged $57.00 to my account today, June 06, 2017 @ 3.23 a.m. Can I have the answer to my question, pls? ("My son, Ernest, 11..."
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You charged $57 to my account on June 6, 2917, and 2 weeks later, I haven't had an answer to my May 28, 2017 question, pls? Otherwise, pls refund my money!
Guillermo Palencia
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Sorry for the delay, we have no idea why your question has been waiting for so long, do you still require assistance?