What form do we need for Circuit court to answer the

Customer Question
What form do we...

What form do we need for Virginia Circuit court to answer the complaints on a civil suit? We need help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Virginia Rockbridge county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Suit filed against us.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have a defamation suit we could file against them but we don't have the money to do that either. They are suing us for 850k for being a nuisance.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All attorneys want a 25k retainer to represent us. I need to know how to answer the initial filing of the suit. Can I simply write in my answers on the actual document served or is there a legal form I need to submit?
5/24/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have horrible mobile service or I would call. Sorry. We are very rural.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Here is a sample answer form, you will need to modify it to your court and case number, names, etc.

http://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/pdf/Answer-Example.pdf

Go paragraph by paragraph and admit or deny and state why.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a circuit court. This is a district court form. Can I just change that and use it? I did find this but assumed it was an incorrect form.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Yes you can here is a better form , it is more what you need here ..

http://www.virginia1774.org/GMUresponse.pdf

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ah! Got it thank you!
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Take care now and the best.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.