Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What form do we need for Circuit court to answer the

Customer Question
What form do we need...
What form do we need for Virginia Circuit court to answer the complaints on a civil suit? We need help.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Virginia Rockbridge county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Suit filed against us.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have a defamation suit we could file against them but we don't have the money to do that either. They are suing us for 850k for being a nuisance.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
All attorneys want a 25k retainer to represent us. I need to know how to answer the initial filing of the suit. Can I simply write in my answers on the actual document served or is there a legal form I need to submit?
5/24/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thank you!
I have horrible mobile service or I would call. Sorry. We are very rural.

Here is a sample answer form, you will need to modify it to your court and case number, names, etc.

http://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/pdf/Answer-Example.pdf

Go paragraph by paragraph and admit or deny and state why.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

It is a circuit court. This is a district court form. Can I just change that and use it? I did find this but assumed it was an incorrect form.

Yes you can here is a better form , it is more what you need here ..

http://www.virginia1774.org/GMUresponse.pdf

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ah! Got it thank you!

Take care now and the best.

Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

Ray, Lawyer