My 29 yr old son sent to prison 3 to 6 years for assault,

My 29 yr old son...
My 29 yr old son sent to prison 3 to 6 years for sexual assault , indecent assault in pa. He has no prior offenses. What is possibility of early release program for him? And if so what does he have to do?
5/19/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he behaves in prison and goes to the sexual offender classes as required, the chances of an early release are fairly high based on the good behavior. However, he will not likely get released sooner than the 3 year minimum on his sentence unless you win your appeal.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why would he not be eligible before the 3 years. As I was reading pa early release it looked as if he would be eligible n was told about program by his counselor

Thank you for your reply.

For sex offenders, it is going to be a bit longer, because they have to go through certain programs and the prisons do not run them continuously, so he needs to go through all the steps and most of the time it is going to be close to the 3 years before he completes everything and if he stays out of trouble he will get out.