How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Your Own Question
Andrew, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 120
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrew is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons house was severely damaged in a fire, he was

This answer was rated:

My sons house was severely damaged in a fire, he was approached by an adjuster to help him and his family. He did sign a contract which states the adjuster would be paid to advise and assist with his claim. The adjuster told him he would be sending an inspector to his house right away so they can make a list of his personal property and get an estimate on the house damage of what he should accept from the insurance company. He never did that the insurance company ended up having to send somebody out because people were going in the yard stealing things . The insurance comoany made an offer directly to my son and sent s copy to the adjuster. There was no communication between the insurance company and the adjuster, my son is handling everything because the adjuster is dragging his feet telling my son dont worry we have 1 year to sort this out. Lists of his personal property that was in the house was supposed to be made right away through the adjuster but because of the the adjuster procrastinated the insurance company sent in someone and many things were stolen .and the adjuster is just pushing what needs to be done aside and my son is doing it . How do we fire him ?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: With the courts you mean ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did you mean did we file with the court regarding him

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

After reviewing your question I would recommend the following: Contact the adjuster in writing and terminate his services for the very reasons that you have outlined above. Make sure that the letter is sent via certified mail so that you are assured the adjuster has received it.

If you have follow up question I would be more than happy to answer those. Otherwise I believe that I have answered your question. I would appreciate a 5 star rating. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you

If there isn't anything else could you please rate me. i don't get credit otherwise. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Basically the adjuster broke the conteact, is that correct based on the info I gave you?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Yes, I believe you are correct. So you need to terminate his service for cause.

Andrew and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you so much.

Thank you! Please contact me if you need anything else.