How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

University Hospital put lean in my house Ed Medical medical

Customer Question

University Hospital put lean in my house Ed Medical medical bill
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They give you a bill collection agency
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes can I talk to lawyer
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
By Texas law can you put the lean in my house because I had in one house
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
By Texas law can they put the lead in my house I have one house I'm living in
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please. My telephone. Number. Is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

For judgment liens abstracted after 9/1/07, a judgment lien does not attach to a judgment debtor’s exempt real property, including the debtor’s homestead. See Property Code section 52.0012 here.

The first step to remove the lien in the process under the new law is a 30-day letter to the judgment creditor and its attorney. If there is no response, Property Code section 52.0012 provides that a judgment debtor may file a “Homestead Affidavit as Release of Judgment Lien” which “serves as a release of record of a judgment lien established under this chapter.”

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.