Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I live in an HOA in Leland North Carolina. I got HOA

Customer Question

Hello I live in an HOA in Leland North Carolina. I got HOA approval to do some work in my back yard. Well today I was not home and 3 people just came into my back yard and started taking pictures! I did not give them permission. They came to my front door and knew after ringing the door bell I was not home. My home security captured them.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: North Carolina After a project is done you are to notify our Managment company and they come out to inspect. We just started and have not finished. I have not called them. They have no business all over my property and taking pictures!
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I went to the police station and they told me to send them a letter.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to go down to the Magistrate Judge. The people have harrassed me over and over and this is it
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You may want to post no trespass signs here.Then you are able to file trespassing charges here in NC if they enter anyway.Thats might be your next step and another surveillance camera to film them.The signage might improve your chances the police would get involved here.I would also write letter to HOA claiming they are trespassing and harassing you unduly.Make a record with the HOA and the police because it may come up again.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what about taking pictures over the fence in my back yard!
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Arguably you should add invasion of your privacy to that as well.You should incldue that to the HOA letter and the police report if they return.Thats terrible hey woul do this.HOAs are bad news.