How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am married since 17 years to my canadian partner i have 2

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: am married since 17 years to my canadian partner i have 2 children12 and 9
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we live in kuwait i have never been to canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we r under constant abuse by him both me and my boys
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need to know my rights
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  retireddebra replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  retireddebra replied 3 months ago.

Is your partner in Kuwait or Canada?

Are the children in Kuwait or Canada?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we are all in kuwait ..
Expert:  retireddebra replied 3 months ago.

Then this has nothing to do with the law of Canada.

I will ask the site to move this question to another list.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he is threatening me of sending the kids to canada with his parents .. is that possible? FYI i dont have the canadian passport yet .. we are under constant abuse
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is it possible for you to go to Canada with the children?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no i cant .. as he is extremely abusive .. i have no income as i wasnt allowed to work .. i wanted to ask if in case he sent the kids to canada, would they ask for any parental consent at the airport upon their arrival?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what if managed to get to canada .. what will happen then? how will i manage? where would i live? will we be safe? i have all the medical reports proving his abuse to me since years and recently my eldest .. and all the msgs to me and the things he tells my children behind my back which affects them mentally and psychologically
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 3 months ago.

You can get a free consultation from some of the family law attorneys listed by location here.

I do not know whether Canada will ask for proof of parental consent. I can move your question to the Canada law section if you want.

May I ask your nationality?

What do you want to accomplish? Do you want to divorce?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my passport is commonwealth of Dominica . for now i want to get my children out of this absive environment and make sure we r safe
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hes such a control freak and we r under constant verbal, mental and physical abuse .. we really need help .. i have all my medical reports which proves the abuse .. and msgs to me and my son
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
kuwait law does not protect women .. they have nothing called domestic abuse or child protection .. plus, he is canadian . the canadian government should protect the kids and make sure they r safe and not the kuwaiti courts!
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 3 months ago.

I don't have a solution so I am opting out. Hopefully another Expert can assist you.