Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

When my attorney files for H1-, is "cashing of the check"

When my attorney files for...
When my attorney files for H1-B, is "cashing of the check" proof enough that USCIS received my petition. If I transfer when "checks are cashed", does it put my status in jeopardy? Thanks,
5/16/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

I need a little more information, but please also keep in mind that your question value is extremely low. What is your current status? When does your stay (I-94) expire?

I am on H1-B. Stay expires this November

Ok. Then if this is an extension or a transfer to a new employer and you want to file another transfer to a different employer altogether, then you can do that at any time BEFORE your I-94 expires from your original employer. That way you do not have to worry about the extension or previous transfer. You only have to worry about an extension or transfer IF you file a new transfer after the I-94 expires.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks, ***** ***** I would like to ask specifically is: If I need to move from employer 1 to employer 2, is it ok if I join when the checks from employer 2's petition gets cashed?

Yes, that should be fine. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Did you need further assistance on the above? I see your prior professional opted out?

Basically a check is deemed accepted once it is cashed so that is the determinative date.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Thanks legalgems! So, the receipt date is when the check was cashed? Can i switch employers when the check gets cashed?

Under AC21 employment can be changed once the new employer's petition is pending.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
does it go to pending once the check gets cashed? When I google I read a version saying work can be started once USCIS recieves petition. Not sure I fully understood that

I apologize for the delay; your question did not appear on my open question list; I could find no authority that stated the check cashing date is controlling; that only indicates that the process is pending.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer