How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42903
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hope so I am trying to get some legal advice for my

Customer Question

I hope so my name is***** am trying to get some legal advice for my Mother. My Mother has Dementia, she was in a nursing home for three years. On May 11, 2017 she was pushed to the floor and fractured her hip. She was hospitalized May 12, 2017.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you need my phone number if so (313) 478 - 1699.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

You will need to apply for guardianship of the person and estate if you want to sue the nursing home here and manage the case on her behalf.This is a contingent fee case, you don't pay the lawyer until there is a recovery against the home here.These can be pretty lucrative cases since there was real trauma and harm.You want to call the lawyer referral below through our state bar of Texas.You are also able to move your mother to another facility if she in on medicaid if they have a bed available if you choose to do so.

I am sorry this happened to her, I hope you will pursue this matter.

Contact us by phone:(###) ###-####(Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays.

You also want to report this to the Ombudsman here.They represent all residents, they can also help with relocation here as well.

Call here

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again I wish her the best and you too.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.