How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1532
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in Florida and own a small staffing company - I have a

Customer Question

I'm in Florida and own a small staffing company - I have a client that owes me $40,000 Need to find out how to collect?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: its a mess - either way I'm out $40,000 and don't want to write it off
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.
Good afternoon
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.
If the client owes you $40,000 your only option is to sue the company in Circuit court. You will sue the client for breach of contract, and other causes if action. If there was no written contract you can still sue based upon the work and billing.If there was a contract and you had a clause regarding recovery of your attorney's fees then you could also pursue the fees as part of your damages. If your business is a corporation you will need to have an attorney represent the company in court.I hope this helps. Please don't forget to rate the question for credit and tracking so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's just it. Everyone tells me it's not worth the cost to sue
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately there's no other option.