Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Under the federal freedom of information act, it says that

Customer Question
information fee should be waived...
under the federal freedom of information act, it says that information fee should be waived if it is found to be in "public interest" I can find nothing in Florida sunshine that allows for that does that apply to federal agencies only?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no just a questioning of fees
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
5/16/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 6 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

You are correct, the Federal FOIA applies ONLY to federal agencies. It will not apply to the State of FL.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Tina, Lawyer