Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My question is i signed a contract to buy a car from a

Customer Question

my question is i signed a contract to buy a car from a private owner never made any payments on the they are in possession of the car also in the contract sated that if i decided i didnt want the car i would still have to pay for it as a the person i bought if from the car is still in his name
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: it was in missouri the car was a 99 mistubishi
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they just told they were gonna file a case
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this has been going for nine months i lost my job and they have been texting constantly aking if had a job and also the car was 5200 i owe 3500
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You can wait and see if they sue you.If they get a judgment you are able to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy and discharge this debt and any others you have.

They are really unlikely to sue you here, this is a small amount of money , likely they just keep harassing you to see if they can get anything.You are free to ignore the calls.They can sue you for file years from the date you missed payment.You may wait and see if they fade away here.Chapter 7 is a last ditch thing if you have to do so to discharge a judgment.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

Reference

http://www.mobar.org/uploadedFiles/Home/Publications/Journal/2014/07-08/flag.pdf

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.