Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I recently purchased a casket for my son to be delivered

Customer Question
from one funeral home to...
I recently purchased a casket for my son to be delivered from one funeral home to the one he was being held. I saw the casket I wanted from their website and purchased it to be delivered to the funeral hoe where my son was. It was delivered May 12th the day before his burial and it was the wrong one. Instead of contacting me to switch it out, which was too late to do by that time, they tried to switch it without my notice. Is this something I could pursue in court since they didn't even try to offer me the difference in price or at least notify me first about a casket switch?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I sent the funeral home in question an email about the situation and they responded as if they did nothing wrong
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
5/16/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. So, did they bury your son in the wrong casket?

they buried him in the wrong casket. I have a screen shot from their site showing the one they were suppose to deliver

Goodness, I am so sorry to hear about that. Okay, you have a couple causes of action:

1. Intentional infliction of emotional distress - when a party intentionally or recklessesly causes emotional distress to another party.

2. Breach of contract - You paid for one casket and received another.

You may want to consider just writing a demand letter advising that they must pay up for their breach of contract. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here).

You may also want to consider hiring a personal injury attorney to help you with this matter as well (click here)

Follow up questions are free, so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer